It’s officially that time of year when you’re busting out the open-toed shoes on a daily basis. First rule of wearing open-toed shoes is to have painted toe nails. Second rule is to make sure your feet are void of cracked heels and calluses. Getting your feet in tip-top shape isn’t too difficult, it just takes a little time and effort.
Want to skip the salon, save some dough and paint your toes at home but don’t want to miss out on the luxury salon pedicures offer? I have the perfect luxurious at home pedicure for you then.
Prep – build the foundation for a great pedicure
1. Remove any old nail polish, using acetone remover which gets rid of nail polish in a snap
2. Clip and file nails to give them uniformity and smooth any rough edges
3. Apply a cuticle remover and let it do its magic. After, a few minutes push cuticles back with the cuticle pusher tool
4. Wipe the excess cuticle remover off your toe nails
Treat – remove any callouses and give your feet the pampering they deserve
1. Use a pedicure tool with a pumice stone attached and run it over the soles of your feet to remove any rough areas
2. Apply a foot scrub to make your feet super soft and to remove any excess dry skin. Leave the scrub on your feet for 1-2 minutes, then rinse
3. Give your feet a facial by applying a foot mask which draws out dirt, sloughs off dry skin and deodorizes the feet
4. Lastly, soothe your feet with a hydrating foot lotion to seal in the softness
Paint – put the finishing touches on your feet
1. Use a base coat to fill in any ridges
2. Pick your favorite nail color and paint away
3. Use a nail correcting pen to remove any excess polish from edges of your toe nails
4. Apply a top coat to add shine and prevent chipping
Voilà! Perfectly pedicured toes!
Do you prefer at home pedicures or salon pedicures?
Xo, Lara Sophia